Rice was added to our stuffed peppers and most of our colleagues topped the peppers up with avocado and tomatoes.
How to make vegan chilli-stuffed peppers
1. You can either slice your peppers horizontally or vertically.
2. Once you have cut the pepper, make sure the side you are going to fill will sit flat by itself on the baking tray.
3. Use a sharp knife to remove the white membrane then use a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
5. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment and bake at 350˚F/ 180˚C for about 35 minutes – until the peppers start to soften slightly. You don’t want to bake them for much longer – if the pepper skin gets too soft they will fall apart as you try to eat them!
6. Serve with a variety of toppings like cubes of avocado, toasted pumpkin seeds, spring onions (scallions), chopped fresh coriander (cilantro). These will add freshness and color and turn what could be tired leftovers into a bright new dish!